Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Dogs Life


Had a nice run this a.m. I did 6 miles before the group run with my buddy, Jon, and then 6 with the group as I needed to get on the road by 8:00. My wife, Kristy, and I headed up to my hometown, Halstad, to join my Mom and Dad and watch the start of the sled dog race. Wow, that was fun! Those dogs are so cranked up at the start it's hard for it not to be contagious. It reminded me of the start of any foot race that I have been to except, as humans, we try to contain our excitement a bit more. Well, some do. I work very hard at remaining calm before a long event as to not waste any energy. Staying calm helps me to focus more on taking it all in.

Like I said, those dogs got me so excited I decided to head back up to Arrowhead. I will start tomorrow sometime and do the last 65 miles. The tracking will be on so you can follow along. It will be a leisurely pace. I am hoping to see some of the beautiful sights of northern Minnesota without the influence of hallucinations.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting patiently for a report. Somewhat upset that you did not ask me to join you on your adventure. :-)

    ReplyDelete