Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bismarck and the Bear

Had a fun time as part of a relay team this past Saturday in Bismarck. It was the 3rd time I've done this and though I really can't put my finger on why, I just can't get over how much fun it is to be part of a relay team. I only hope my team members choose to keep Kristy and I on their team as we seem to be the ones causing issues. Jon and Erin, every year, have put out hard, consistent efforts while Kristy and I have both been "caught with our pants down". Literally. We've cut the course and not been ready on most of our exchanges. Maybe they'll give us a chance to redeem ourselves next year or bring us along again form comic relief. You can read more about it on "Jon's Many Adventures" blog under my favorite links.

The Bear

Wednesday morning Kristy and I will be heading out to Logan Utah for the Bear 100. Though my training has been severely compromised by what ever attacked my knees this summer, I'm definitely feeling more and more confident every day. I'm not even close to 100% but I think if I can't prevent any missteps so I don't twist anything I believe I can make it. At this point I'd say it is a coin flip. Only time will tell though I am excited to get going.

I'll have the tracking on so you can follow my progress. It starts on the east side of Logan and ends at Bear Lake which is actually in Idaho. Kristy has spent some time in this area when she went to school in Logan and says that Bear Lake is the "Bluest" lake I will ever see. I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment