Thursday, May 27, 2010

Turning The Page

About this time 3 years ago my oldest daughter, who is now in medical school, graduated from the University of Michigan. It was a somber day in Ann Arbor as we packed all of her belongings to bring back home. A lot of memories came to the surface as she reflected on what was a critical and very defining 4 years of her life. So many things had happened over that time that I'm sure for her it seemed like a lifetime which was now coming to an end. I mentioned to her that your life a book for you to write. Every day you write another page that adds up to a chapter. As in any good book, even some of the best chapters have to come to an end. Thankfully, it doesn't stop there. And so like a good writer, when a chapter in your life is over, you turn the page and start writing a new one. You don't forget the chapters before as they all have a hand in making the story what it is now.

So as we close the chapter on the 2010 edition of the Fargo Marathon, for which I must say was the most difficult and fulfilling marathon I have ever run, I am super excited to start writing the next chapter of my Ultra Life.

Again, thanks for following along as we prepared for the Fargo Marathon. It was a memorable event for all who participated. I'm already excited for next year. But then, that will be a chapter or two down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment