Thursday, June 3, 2010

Short Work Week Doesn't Mean The Work Is Over


With this already being a short work week because of Memorial Day, it's even a bit shorter for me as Kristy and I will be heading out of town Friday morning for the Kettle Moraine Forrest in Wisconsin. Saturday at 6 a.m., I will be off and running the KM100 which offers events of 100 miles, 100k (62 miles) and a night "Fun Run" of 38 miles. Except for crossing a few highways, there is no pavement on the course. Grass, sand, dirt, mud, roots and rocks will be the norm for most of the course that has 12,006 ft of elevation loss/gain. For us flatlanders, that means climbing to the top of the Fargo Radisson Hotel (206') and back down again every 1.7 miles or 58 times over the 100 miles. Ultra Friends Joel and Tim did 50 miles of this coarse just 4 weeks ago.
I'll put up a link for tracking. Being I have the unit attached to my backpack, and I won't be wearing it all the time, some of the tracks may be an hour or so apart and will correspond to an aid station I am at. When you see the tracks coming 10 minutes or so apart you'll know I have the backpack on. I just don't know right now how often that will be. Kristy may send a note to the blog from time to time to let you know how things are going. Should be an exciting event.

Take a peek at the event website, KM100, where under "Run Information" you can find a map of the coarse which is essentially 2 out and backs. One heading north and back again for a total of 63 miles and the second heading to the south for 37.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be looking forward to the reports. It's a great place to run and the weather looks as if it will be favorable, if not a bit warm. Enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete