Sunday, January 3, 2010

My 20x10

Welcome to the start of a new year, a new decade, and a new blog. I'm not really certain what I signed up for when I was asked to do this but I hope to provide you with a little encouragement along the way as well as some insight on what makes me tick.

I didn't have to think long to come up with my 20x10 which is to "Encourage and support others in reaching their goals". Whether I can help Fargo Marathon reach their goal of 20 thousand runners or help you get off the couch and walk your first 5k doesn't really matter. My first running goal was made 2 days after watching the first Fargo Marathon and was to run the full marathon the following year. I set my goal and took my first step. A baby step though one closer to my goal. A good friend of mine is always reminding me that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Running is pretty simple though not always easy. I'll share some of my problems here as well as some of the joy. As I always say, "A problem shared is halved and a Joy shared is doubled." Let's go through this together.


So, how about it? What is your 20x10? You have over 130 days to start your training for one of the Fargo Marathon events.