Friday, August 12, 2011

Going Long

I ran 2.6 miles Wednesday morning and last night at about 6 p.m. I went out for a long run. My goal was to make it 5 miles without having to walk. The knees felt pretty tough for the first mile and then got progressively better and I was able to go 5.2 miles in about 48 minutes. OK guys, I'll do the math for you. That is an average pace of 9:14. It was tough but very encouraging. I even ran a couple of miles in the grass. I think my knees are stronger than I give them credit for though I know one misstep and I'll be set back a couple weeks and that would put running the Bear 100 out of the question. Maybe get into the double digits this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Great pace Rick! I'm glad to hear your knees are cooperating and that you're able to increase your distance. I hope your training continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete