Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Couch To 5K

I've been running about every other day and have topped out at 5 miles though not continuous. The knees feel stronger every day. I went to the doctor yesterday and she said it was probably Osteoarthritis. That doesn't make sense to me but then I'm not a doctor. They took a blood sample to test for Lyme Disease just in case. If it comes up negative, I suppose she's right and I'll have something else I'll have to battle with. That's life.

6 weeks from today Kristy and I will be headed off to Utah to run the Bear 100. I've got a lot of catching up to do. My training plan has been looking like my first ever which was a "Couch to 5K plan". 5 minutes of walking with 3 minutes of running and repeat. I did that for about a week and am now up to running 2.5 miles continuous, taking a break and then 2.5 more. I'll ramp it up quite a bit in the next few days and weeks. Probably won't get much more than a 30-40 mile long run in before the Bear. I'm not too concerned as I guess this just adds to the challenge which is why we do this in the first place, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment