Sunday, January 30, 2011

Calm Before The Storm

Got to I'Falls yesterday afternoon. Gear check went OK but after, when I went to check in at the hotel, they had lost my reservation so I kind of had to scramble. I'm in a remote building from the rest of the hotel and there wasn't a coffee maker in the room so I had to make a trip to Kmart last night to buy one. I'd be in rough shape tomorrow morning without any coffee. The weather for the morning is looking typical for Arrowhead at -20 or so with highs right around zero. I guess it wouldn't be Arrowhead if it wasn't cold. The cold firms up the trail but it's been snowing the past few days and it hasn't been groomed or packed so it will be a bit mushy. Maybe the trail groomer fairy will be out tonight.

Off to a meeting, dinner and then some r&r. Getting anxious to get this thing going.

1 comment:

  1. Slay the dragon, Rick. Best of luck, lots of people pulling for you. Most of all, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete